Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Three Months











Yesterday was my birthday! My three month birthday! It was kind of a big deal at my house.


This past week, I did a lot of growing up. I started sleeping in my crib. Mommy and Daddy also stopped swaddling me when I sleep at night - I was getting out of it anyway. My daddy didn't want me to leave his and mommy's room though so we have been having a family sleepover in my room. I sleep in my crib and mommy and daddy sleep on a mattress on my floor. Mommy was ready to move back into her own room and leave me in my big girl crib all on my own until...I started rolling from my back to my tummy! I think it is great fun, but Mommy has not been getting any sleep. She stays up and when I roll onto my tummy, she rolls me back to my back. Then, I roll back on my tummy. It is a fun game that we play now. Mommy called the doctor to ask what to do about me rolling over so early (I guess I am not supposed to roll from my back to my tummy until I am six months old) and the doctor basically said that she and Daddy have to keep watch and if I roll over, they have to roll me back. So, I guess no more sleep for them!

My gramma and all of my cousins made me a special quilt. Look at me and my special quilt in the picture below. My cousins Maddy, Braedon, Katie, Coleman, and Ellie each made a special square for me and my gramma put it all together. It is beautiful.




Oh, and sometimes I wear bows now.

Happy Birthday to me!