Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

My first trip to the Windy City

This past week, I went to Chicago for the first time. Daddy went up last weekend and Mommy and I met him there mid-week. It was the first time that Mommy and I flew on our own and we did great!! I was a perfect passenger. I slept for a little bit at first and then colored, played with my doodle art and stickers, and read.


I was not a fan of wearing a hat and mittens. This is one of the few minutes when I actually wore my mittens.


We went to the Disney store and I played tea party.



I checked out the flowers along Michigan Avenue...



...had Jamba Juice for a snack (it started out as Mommy's, but it was so yummy, I made her share). See how protective I am of it in this picture.




Daddy and I posed by the skyline!





Daddy let me dip my food - I learned that double and triple dipping (and more!) is yummy and fun!






This is how I like to ride!




I liked looking out the hotel window before bedtime - right by the Chicago Theater.



We met Mommy's college roommate and went to the Shedd Aquarium with her husband and their two daughters. Larkin is 3 and a half and has my same birthday!! So cool! Allison is about two months older than I am. We had fun looking at all of the fish. This is a picture of Allison pointing out a big fish headed our way!
We hope that Katie, Doug, Larkin and Allison come to visit us soon. They could even come today - it's 80 here and we could play outside all day!! No hats or mittens needed! Come visit!
I also found a monkey at the aquarium. I was so excited because monkeys are currently my favorite animals!


I had a lot of fun playing on the benches at the aquarium.



If there was a museum of just benches, I bet it would be a pretty fun place!



Us, posing on a bench, of course!




I got to touch a starfish!



We took the subway ("L") back to the airport.



Whew - we made it through security. This was a long ordeal with crazy lines!


I carried my purse and pulled my suitcase throughout the airport. I paused to look at the Blues Brothers just hanging out in the airport.



I made it to my seat and relaxed for a bit before it was time to board the plane.


Then, I buckled myself in and was off to San Antonio again!